Re: Firefox,Torbutton leaks real IP Address.

The "Are you using Tor?" page at http://check.torproject.org/ sometimes tells me that I am not using Tor, even with Tor and Torbutton running. It has only done that soon after starting Tor and the browser.

From: Luis Maceira <luis_a_maceira@xxxxxxxxx>
To: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:15:27 PM
Subject: Firefox,Torbutton leaks real IP Address.

The combination Firefox-3.0.3(in fact,Iceweasel-3.0.3),Torbutton-1.2.0 leaks my real IP

address.This happens BETWEEN when I initiate Tor-0.2.0.31 with the bash command

/usr/local/tor/bin/tor and the moment when Tor effectively establishes a connection-circuit.

This can be 60 seconds or more,and if in between we connect to the Internet with

Firefox-Torbutton the real IP address is used(even with torbutton running-green)

I tested with www.showmyip.com and others.My fear is if the same could happen when Tor changes circuit by ten-ten minutes or so,when leaves the previous circuit to the next one.(what happens in the transition moments).I did not test that situation.

                                                    Thanks.