[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: technical solution for censorship [was: UK internet filtering]
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: technical solution for censorship [was: UK internet filtering]
- From: "Gregory Maxwell" <gmaxwell@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 09:56:56 -0500
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 09:57:05 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=leWjZKi8Hquyeh/eDEtTev6u6mZkBPmL/D+ll6bFcFE=; b=TSi2oPzFjSoirwPQjpZyyon5H1guqfuS730rsIFKj7sjtOQ1YEDlv4BASo+Xp8+ZlD ZSyK5zk1j3/gef18uM7bo49BJpbrY39yXxWMGOsgK2SBmueoqpU+BmnJ7Jzxv7vATXt+ 3z7pxCCtxpDLa+M1USOZQ4J4ofAKTM9EbrPTI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=geHmtp9xXYCudKqAUNPGCQmtl7Tr3yBQe1lzqcyRZCabyHhd9ohnZa9vmjX4EqDMLA y0kNku1DgFwVM+rocNtuBEvVa1HoiM2RMdTb2K9dEvStZG8ScLsgRJCS4K8TI1P8mtr1 F0JxwV1R/busnhDv7xZb+2pMKKEOjUDtLTUbU=
- In-reply-to: <1228741509.6933.46.camel@localhost>
- References: <e692861c0812061649o4a288acft4cb46833eddb989d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1228741509.6933.46.camel@localhost>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Benjamin S. <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 06.12.2008, 19:49 -0500 schrieb Gregory Maxwell:
>> I've confirmed the reports of UK ISPs censoring Wikipedia using some
>> UK tor exists.
> I think it's time to find a better technical solution to deal with
> censorship in different countries.
> Censorship is increasing all around the world and we should be prepared
> that sooner or later nearly every country will censor the internet for
> different reasons (cp, intellectual property, politcal reasons, etc.)
> and in a different way.
Make exit enclaves work better and encourage their use. Right now they
result in an extra hop. That does not solve all cases, but it would do
a lot for people running resources which they know are being censored.
... it's also not incompatible with other lower-performing but more
broadly working solutions.