Re: SSH and Telnet ports, tip: change the sshd port

> Thanks for the information. I run denyhosts, and receive ridiculous
> numbers of these connections to my servers as well. I ran a quick
> script to grab what denyhosts had blocked, and determined how many of
> those connections were from Tor exit nodes. Quite a large number!

Off topic, I had a whole lot of login attempts at my servers. I changed the
SSH port to a non-standard port and I have not seen a single login attempt
since then.

Attackers targeting me could easily portscan, but those who simply scan
numerous IPs for someting at 22 fail.