Windows: Event ID 4226 Patcher (4226 fix): Increase max TCP connections for non-servers (XP and Vista)

Hey,

I think I remember reading about some issue with the TCP connection
limits placed upon non-server editions of Windows OS in TCPIP.SYS.  Is
there still an issue with running a Tor node on a non-server Windows due
in part to the TCP connect limit?

Here is a great little TCPIP.SYS patcher which allows you to change the
connect limit to whatever you want.  By default Windows TCP connection
limit is set to 10.  I set mine to 100, is that a good number?

Here is the patcher and info, VERY easy to use:
http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=tools

And here is a good thread (from forum.my-proxy.com ) about using the
TCPIP.SYS patcher and some issue with using it on Vista to be aware of:
http://forum.my-proxy.com/proxy-questions/windows-xp-vista-connection-limit-patch-t2707.0.html

I really noticed a speed increase with fewer timed out proxies when
using a proxy leecher.  I use FPL (Forum Proxy Leecher) when I want to
leech open proxies.

--

  gregoron@xxxxxxxxxxx

                          wherever you are