Re: JanusPA - A hardware Privacy Adapter using Tor

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 6:20 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 05:14:42AM -0800, Kyle Williams wrote:

>    Hello Everyone,

[great stuff snipped]

>    This will run you $32.00 USD.
>
>    If anyone is seriously thinking about a good hardware based solution
>    for Tor, I'd buy the gumstix now.  In fact, I just bought a couple
>    more just in case mine breaks. I'll have the source code up withing a
>    week, two tops  The FULL documentation will take about a bit longer to
>    get done.
>
>    Well, that's about it.  Feedback is welcome.

In terms of a more long-lived hardware base, have you considered ALIX?
http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm

They might not be as small as Gumstix, but fairly small at 6x6".
I've ordered an alix2d3 + case + DC adapter for ~100 EUR sans VAT the
other day.

A SLC CF goes a long time with these, if mounted noatime.

--
Eugen* Leitl <a href="" href="http://leitl.org" target="_blank">http://leitl.org">leitl</a> http://leitl.org
8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3 B014 B08A  7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE

Thanks Eugen!  That board looks to be a little over kill, but a good price none the less.
I like the SIM card slots and PCI Express w/ USB power.  That would be perfect for WiMAX.  Mmmmm, WiMAX + Tor... :)
I might have to get one of these just to play around with.  The POE option is a plus.

- Kyle