Re: User tor issue

phobos@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 03:38:58PM +0100, udovdh@xxxxxxxxx wrote 0.4K bytes in 11 lines about:
I noticed that my tor process was running as a user '_tor' but that torrc specified 'tor' as user. (possibly a migration issue) Once I corrected this my tor traffic because 'much' higher: http://pindarots.xs4all.nl/mrtg/tor.html

Which package did you install?

I build my own rpm from the sources on the tor site.
I did have some issues with redhat tor rpms getting in the way so i don't know how stuff occurred but it was a combination of package (re)install mix-up (due to different settings used), and over sight on my part.