Re: User tor issue

coderman wrote:
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In main.c crypto_global_init is called with the contents of the
HardwareAccel setting; in crypto.c useAccel is tested and the tor_tls_init
line is printed although it is set to 1...

you are correct; my apologies.

by the time tor_tls_init invokes crypto_global_init it should have
been initialized correctly based on the config option as you describe.

Where does this happen?
I just see the code as I describe in the quote above.

are you not seeing the hardware accel log entries at all?  or is this
a question about the (potentially misleading) call from tor_tls_init?

None. Just the log entry as if no hw accel is used.

btw, if you want to force OpenSSL hardware acceleration without
requiring application intervention see:
http://www.logix.cz/michal/devel/padlock/contrib/openssl-0.9.8e-engine.diff

I am using that patch (and others) to be sure that openssl uses the via padlock hardware:

# openssl engine
(padlock) VIA PadLock (no-RNG, ACE)
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support

That is OK?

Kind regards,
Udo