Re: Very low performance in CriptolabTORRelays*

Thus spake Daniel Franganillo (danielf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> Our ISP wont say nothing about their filters (It seems to be a Top Secret
> issue :P). As I said before there's no problem reported at debug.log except
> for the frequent:
>
> [debug] TLS error: unexpected close while reading (SSL_ST_OK)
>
> >Another way to do this is to try to use Tor as a client. Does that
> >work?
>
> Nope.
>
> >How about using a client with bridges. Do they work?
> >https://www.sesawe.net/Using-Tor-with-Bridges.html
> >

> Nope. Transfer rates are equally ridiculous. Tried in windows, same.

Great! Now we're getting somewhere. Now, your question isn't "How do I
run a relay at a censored ISP" it's "Please help me use Tor at a
censored ISP." That is a question we are prepared to at least *try* to
answer :)

Can you access the following page:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TheOnionRouter/BlockingDiagnostics

If it too is blocked, blocked, it is also available via the
ssl-encrypted proxy link on ixquick:
https://us2.ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl?q=TheOnionRouter+BlockingDiagnostics

Similarly it is in the Google Cache, which is now available over SSL.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wDewL-f-g9gJ:https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TheOnionRouter/BlockingDiagnostics+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

If you feel you can follow those instructions, can we meet on IRC? Can
you access #tor-dev on irc.oftc.net? Port 6697 is SSL, if you suspect
keyword filtering too.

Specify a time and we can give you a private bridge IP and try to
diagnose exactly how your ISP is blocking access to Tor.

P.S. The above goes for anyone who knows anyone having trouble
*accessing* the Tor network from anywhere else. Please contact me or
show up on #tor-dev.

We are in desperate need of people inside China to help us with this.
So far we have zero people there who can help us diagnose what is
going on.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist