Re: [notice] Circuit build measurement period of 218915ms is more than twice the maximum build time we have ever observed. Capping it to 152350ms.

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 07:00:17AM +0000, Orionjur Tor-admin wrote:
> I have the above record in '/var/tor/log' on my exit-node.
> What it can mean?!

Tor clients build circuits when they first start up, to estimate the
average amount of time it takes to build a circuit. Once they have a good
estimate, they abandon the slowest 20% of the circuits they make, since
a circuit that takes a long time to build will probably be no fun to use.

Your circuit build times appear to be really crummy. Your Tor has
estimated that the 80% mark for you is 219 seconds. But in fact, the
slowest circuit you've actually created took only 152 seconds. I believe
this situation can occur when many of the circuits your Tor tries to
make fail to get created at all.

Are you rate limiting your exit node? Perhaps you should start. It seems
like your network is really overloaded.

--Roger