Re: [notice] Circuit build measurement period of 218915ms is more than twice the maximum build time we have ever observed. Capping it to 152350ms.

Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 07:00:17AM +0000, Orionjur Tor-admin wrote:
>> I have the above record in '/var/tor/log' on my exit-node.
>> What it can mean?!
>
> Tor clients build circuits when they first start up, to estimate the
> average amount of time it takes to build a circuit. Once they have a good
> estimate, they abandon the slowest 20% of the circuits they make, since
> a circuit that takes a long time to build will probably be no fun to use.
>
> Your circuit build times appear to be really crummy. Your Tor has
> estimated that the 80% mark for you is 219 seconds. But in fact, the
> slowest circuit you've actually created took only 152 seconds. I believe
> this situation can occur when many of the circuits your Tor tries to
> make fail to get created at all.
>
> Are you rate limiting your exit node? Perhaps you should start. It seems
> like your network is really overloaded.
>
> --Roger

I rated limiting my node the following:
BandwidthRate 200 KBytes
BandwidthBurst 400 KBytes

And some times ago it works time. But that time it permanently crashes,
I cannot understand why.