Re: Relay flooding, confirmation, HS's, default relay, web of trust

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, grarpamp wrote:

And what if the oponnent runs a hidden service trap?... seems that
then just watching or running the client's entry guard [1] is all that
is needed to confirm both connection and content? Yipes?!!!

I'm no expert. This sounds like a very hard and real problem. Thanks!

[1] One single lucky node, not two, the trap serves as the exit
watchpoint as well.

I'm too obtuse to understand, just with your footnote alone, what a "hidden service trap" is - would you provide a further explanation, or a link to one ?

Maybe there would also be benefit in a web of trust amongst nodes
not unlike a keysigning party. As with social networking, people
vouch for each other in various ways and strengths based on how
they feel that person meets them. I don't see any reason why node
operators [descriptors] could not keysign and have that web encoded
into the descriptors, directories, DHT, etc.

I proposed early in the previous thread that not only should a web of trust be considered, but that this was indeed a classic case of a web of trust ... I didn't see any comment on this from the Big Names on the list, though...