Re: Help with JanusVM?

Still cannot get the thing operating properly.  The janus eth0 device (bridge) has the ip of 192.168.0.5.  My pc that is running janusvm in vmware-player is 192.168.0.2 on eth0.  The normal gateway is my dsl router at 192.168.0.1.

JanusVM is running with tor and privoxy ON.

If I set my gateway to 192.168.0.5 and the DNS to 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.4, I get internet connectivity and name resolution but no tor network.  If I go into the ovpn subdirectory in my JanusVM directory and edit the client.conf by adding "remote 192.168.0.5" and then point my PC eth0 to the 192.168.0.5 gateway, then tun0 traffic picks up and my IP becomes 10.10.30.4 and my gateway becomes 10.10.40.1.  I lose the ability to connect to the internet at all.

I have also tried connecting to janusvm via kvpnc using the crts and config from JanusVM via the openvpn method but it never works - refuses to connect.

Thus, I either get full internet connectivity by making my gateway 192.168.0.5, the bridged eth0 connection for JanusVM in vmware-player but no tor or I get it automatically changed to gateway 10.10.30.1 and the "ip" becomes 10.10.30.4 and no traffic leaves the computer at all.

How does one setup JanusVM to work ON LINUX?  There are instructions galore for setting it up on windows but that is not helpful.

praedor