Re: [tor-talk] Automatic vulnerability scanning of Tor Network?

Hello Gozu,

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011, Gozu-san wrote:

On 28/12/11 03:42, John Case wrote:

Don't run Tor from an IP with your name attached to it.

Anonymous server rental is nontrivial.  What degree of non-attachment is
sufficient, in your opinion?

I disagree. Once you move past the big "cloud" players, you get into a morass of small, cutthroat VPS providers who are all barely surviving on thin margins. Without question you can find one that will respond very nicely to an "official" RFQ and a money order. If you buy the MO from an actual bank, it will look very much like a cashiers check, etc. Alternatively, a pre-paid visa from somewhere like Simon malls, etc., works well. The real hook is a single, annual payment, which will be impossible for them to resist.

That's one end of the spectrum...

The other end of the spectrum is a corporate front with an appointed agent, etc. - you can do this for less than $500, and then you can run everything under that.

Either way your name is not attached to it, and your home address, etc., isn't either.

The list may not appreciate my criticism, but the reality is we get about one post every six months from someone who literally has their door kicked in and their property stolen by the state.