Re: [tor-talk] Tor 0.2.4.7-alpha is out

Hi,

On 12/25/2012 08:27 AM, Roger Dingledine wrote:> Tor 0.2.4.7-alpha
introduces a new approach to providing fallback
> directory mirrors for more robust bootstrapping; fixes more issues
where
> clients with changing network conditions refuse to make any
circuits;
> adds initial support for exiting to IPv6 addresses; resumes being
able
> to update our GeoIP database, and includes the geoip6 file this
time;
> turns off the client-side DNS cache by default due to privacy risks;
> and fixes a variety of other issues.

Thanks for adding the geoip6 file, I was wondering with 0.2.4.6 in a
bridge I run, where to get it.

This is not a 0.2.4.7 specific question: I've got a question about
compiling tor from source. What is the need for these arguments for
configure

user@box:~/tor-0.2.4.7-alpha$ ./configure --help |grep with-tor-
  --with-tor-user=NAME    Specify username for tor daemon
  --with-tor-group=NAME   Specify group name for tor daemon

when one can use "User UID" in torrc (from
https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual-dev.html.en , under General
Options). Or does this torrc option has nothing to do with the
configure argument?

TorUser