Re: [tor-talk] Telex Circumvention tool

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 02:55:02AM +0000, adrelanos wrote:
> Telex https://telex.cc/
>
> Circumvention tool. Concept looks promising.
>
> Has never been discussed here. Why not? Does anyone know more?
>
> I am interested what the status and progress is. Unfortunately, my
> mailing list subscription request was ignored.

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2011-August/thread.html#20932

There are actually three variations on this idea:
http://freehaven.net/anonbib/#foci11-decoy
http://freehaven.net/anonbib/#usenix11-telex
http://freehaven.net/anonbib/#ccs2011-cirripede

Ian Goldberg, one of the Telex authors, is on our board and is a
Tor researcher.

Current status is that it needs deployment in a router where it would
have popular websites behind it that censors don't want to block.

There's also plenty more coding work, etc.

--Roger