Re: [tor-talk] TOR peer-to-peer network

On 13-12-01 02:49 PM, Seth David Schoen wrote:
Aravindan B writes:

When i use the bridges which i got from the internet, it works. whereas
when i try to use my own IPs its not working. Please let me know how to
proceed on this as i am stuck here for a long time. Thanks in advance.

If you want to create your own Tor network, you'll need to run your
own directory server and tell all of the clients and routers to use
and trust it.  The directory servers collect information about all
publicly-available Tor nodes so that clients can get a list and then
choose which nodes the clients want to build circuits through.

i would have thought peer to peer networking in Tor would use the Hidden Services model. each Tor hidden service generates a unique and persistent onion id, which other Tor clients can use to communicate with it.
https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-hidden-service.html.en