Re: [tor-talk] (D)DOS over Tor network ? Help !

On 12/01/2014 12:13 AM, fuckyouhosting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 2014-12-01 02:24, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
>> On 01/12/14 14:46, fuckyouhosting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> Hi List! We (try to) maintain a free hosting platform for hidden service
>>> websites, here: http://fuckyouhotwkd3xh.onion
>>> but recently all the hosted hidden services became unreachable.
>> [...]
>>> So .. question: is there a way to understand which hidden service is
>>> causing all this ?
>>>
>>> Suggestions are welcome!
>>
>> This might help:
>> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2014-November/035787.html
>>
>> Chris
>>

>>> Thank you.
>
> Hi again, ok we followed the advise and captured a number of sessions,
> while starting Tor and while reloading it, several times to be sure.
>
> We splitted and sorted the results with this command:
> grep "PURPOSE=HS" dbg3.txt|awk '{ print $9 }'| sort |less
> (which print just the hidden service name, for example
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh)
> but are unable to find an address repeated more than around 30 times,
> example:
>
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
> REND_QUERY=fuckyouhotwkd3xh
>
> in short, the addresses are balanced among all the files, still unable
> to find the 'black sheep'.

In your torrc, create a new test hidden service, and comment out all of
the rest. The new hidden service should be accessible. If it's not, you
have other problems. If the new hidden service is accessible, add back
the old ones, one at a time, and check accessibility of the test hidden
service after each addition. That should reveal the black sheep.