Re: [tor-talk] Mirrors now available over Hidden Services

Ah yes, I should probably have spotted this part:

curl
"https://onionoo.thecthulhu.com/details?limit=50&search=Chandler&fields=fingerprint,nickname,advertised_bandwidth,last_restarted,country,flags,or_addresses,dir_address,running,hashed_fingerprint";
- -H "Host: onionoo.thecthulhu.com" -H "User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows
NT 6.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0" -H "Accept:
application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01" -H "Accept-Language:
en-us,en;q=0.5" -H "Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate" -H "Referer:
http://globe223ezvh6bps.onion/"; -H "Origin:
http://globe223ezvh6bps.onion"; -H "Connection: keep-alive" -H "Pragma:
no-cache" -H "Cache-Control: no-cache"

Not perfect but almost there!

- -T

Karsten Loesing:
> On 15/12/14 02:14, Thomas White wrote:
>> I'm happy to announce that both my Globe and Atlas mirrors are
>> now available as a hidden service for all those who prefer
>> end-to-end encryption over Tor!
>
>> Atlas: http://atlas777hhh7mcs7.onion
>
>> Globe: http://globe223ezvh6bps.onion
>
> Thanks for setting this up!
>
> There's one minor catch though: both sites serve JavaScript that
> make your browser fetch additional data from
> https://onionoo.thecthulhu.com/.
>
> What we should do is create two new Apache configurations for the
> hidden-service Atlas and Globe.  Those should not only serve static
> content that contains JavaScript but also accept Onionoo requests
> and forward them to the local Onionoo process on port 8080.  Then
> we can serve modified Atlas and Globe versions that point to
> themselves for Onionoo data.  I can imagine that it's also faster
> to have a single hidden-service connection open and not create
> another circuit for the data part.
>
> I might be able to configure this, but I can't say when.
>
>> Unfortunately due to some issues with Compass we haven't launched
>> that one yet, but it will be around shortly :)!
>
> At least Compass won't have the previously described issues,
> because it only makes requests to Onionoo once per hour in the
> background.
>
> All the best, Karsten
>

>> We will be seeking to obtain SSL certificates for both mirrors
>> shortly. In the event the primary sites go down (ie
>> globe.torproject.org and atlas.torproject.org) both of these
>> will still be available. The backend for both of them are located
>> on my mirrors globe.thecthulhu.com and atlas.thecthulhu.com
>> which run their own Onionoo instance so remain unaffected by
>> Onionoo outages on the primary servers.
>
>> More hidden services projects to follow and if anyone has
>> anything else they would like me to mirror or provide a hidden
>> service for then just pop me an email!
>
>> Regards, -T

- --
Activist, anarchist and a bit of a dreamer.

Current Fingerprint: E771 BE69 4696 F742 DB94 AA8C 5C2A 8C5A 0CCA 4983
Key-ID: 0CCA4983
Master Fingerprint: DDEF AB9B 1962 5D09 4264 2558 1F23 39B7 EF10 09F0
Key-ID: EF1009F0

Twitter: @CthulhuSec
XMPP: thecthulhu at jabber.ccc.de