Re: [tor-talk] twitter tor block redux

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 4:23 AM, Tempest <tempest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i noticed a number of accounts were suspended due to using tor recently.
>  any news on the status of accounts locked out in the last round of
> twitter's tor censorship? i'm coming up on 96 hours since twitter has
> acknowledged in email that there was an "automated behavior" problem
> which resulted in the suspension of my account until i provide a phone
> number.

they seem to regularly attempt a "tie all accouns to secondary
identifiers" phase.

>  the last time twitter had taken this long to reply to my
> support ticket, it turned out they were simply ignoring my emails for
> some reason.

i dodged this lock-out having previously associated a hotspot puck SMS
with a Tor-only twitter account.

perhaps pre-paid is sufficiently tied-in to avoid the automated mechanisms...

> while i'm sympathetic to twitter in their attempts to combat spammers,
> their claims that they "fixed" the problem with the tor suspensions
> feels like empty pr at this point,

it was always, and will always be, total bullshit from Twitter.

question is if they get enough flak to cut the crap...

best regards,