[tor-talk] Not comfortable with the new single-hop system merged into Tor

I just think that this new single-hop system should have been reserved for a
different Tor source/installation, dedicated only to non-anonymous hidden
services, not merge it with the regular Tor software. And this for security.

I once witnessed a software (non-Tor related) that had a special function
which was disabled by default, but was accidentally enabled due to a bug
that occured during special circumstances, causing big trouble for some. In
this case it caused a big money loss for some, but with the Tor software we
are talking about the lives and wellbeing of humans.

How do I know that my hidden service is really running anonymously, and not with just 1-hop, besides just trusting the config defaults?

Please prove me wrong. I'm just concerned here, and just want some feedback.
Thanks for understanding!

-Hikki