[tor-talk] Tor 0.3.2.7-rc is released!

Hi, all!

Tor 0.3.2.7-rc is released.  If you build Tor from source code, why
not fetch it from our download page and try it out?  If you use
precompiled packages, then there should be releases soon, including a
Tor Browser alpha release likely next week.

Here are the changes since 0.3.2.6-alpha:

Changes in version 0.3.2.7-rc - 2017-12-14
  Tor 0.3.2.7-rc fixes various bugs in earlier versions of Tor,
  including some that could affect reliability or correctness.

  This is the first release candidate in the 0.3.2 series. If we find no
  new bugs or regression here, then the first stable 0.3.2. release will
  be nearly identical to this.

  o Major bugfixes (circuit prediction):
    - Fix circuit prediction logic so that a client doesn't treat a port
      as being "handled" by a circuit if that circuit already has
      isolation settings on it. This change should make Tor clients more
      responsive by improving their chances of having a pre-created
      circuit ready for use when a request arrives. Fixes bug 18859;
      bugfix on 0.2.3.3-alpha.

  o Minor features (logging):
    - Provide better warnings when the getrandom() syscall fails. Closes
      ticket 24500.

  o Minor features (portability):
    - Tor now compiles correctly on arm64 with libseccomp-dev installed.
      (It doesn't yet work with the sandbox enabled.) Closes
      ticket 24424.

  o Minor bugfixes (bridge clients, bootstrap):
    - Retry directory downloads when we get our first bridge descriptor
      during bootstrap or while reconnecting to the network. Keep
      retrying every time we get a bridge descriptor, until we have a
      reachable bridge. Fixes part of bug 24367; bugfix on 0.2.0.3-alpha.
    - Stop delaying bridge descriptor fetches when we have cached bridge
      descriptors. Instead, only delay bridge descriptor fetches when we
      have at least one reachable bridge. Fixes part of bug 24367;
      bugfix on 0.2.0.3-alpha.
    - Stop delaying directory fetches when we have cached bridge
      descriptors. Instead, only delay bridge descriptor fetches when
      all our bridges are definitely unreachable. Fixes part of bug
      24367; bugfix on 0.2.0.3-alpha.

  o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
    - Fix a signed/unsigned comparison warning introduced by our fix to
      TROVE-2017-009. Fixes bug 24480; bugfix on 0.2.5.16.

  o Minor bugfixes (correctness):
    - Fix several places in our codebase where a C compiler would be
      likely to eliminate a check, based on assuming that undefined
      behavior had not happened elsewhere in the code. These cases are
      usually a sign of redundant checking or dubious arithmetic. Found
      by Georg Koppen using the "STACK" tool from Wang, Zeldovich,
      Kaashoek, and Solar-Lezama. Fixes bug 24423; bugfix on various
      Tor versions.

  o Minor bugfixes (onion service v3):
    - Fix a race where an onion service would launch a new intro circuit
      after closing an old one, but fail to register it before freeing
      the previously closed circuit. This bug was making the service
      unable to find the established intro circuit and thus not upload
      its descriptor, thus making a service unavailable for up to 24
      hours. Fixes bug 23603; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.

  o Minor bugfixes (scheduler, KIST):
    - Properly set the scheduler state of an unopened channel in the
      KIST scheduler main loop. This prevents a harmless but annoying
      log warning. Fixes bug 24502; bugfix on 0.3.2.4-alpha.
    - Avoid a possible integer overflow when computing the available
      space on the TCP buffer of a channel. This had no security
      implications; but could make KIST allow too many cells on a
      saturated connection. Fixes bug 24590; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
    - Downgrade to "info" a harmless warning about the monotonic time
      moving backwards: This can happen on platform not supporting
      monotonic time. Fixes bug 23696; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.