Re: [tor-talk] Tor official list of new .onion addresses?

On 12/03/2018 10:42 PM, Nathaniel Suchy wrote:

<SNIP>

> You mentioned "HiddenServiceAuthorizeClient", a feature I did not know about. I'm going to figure out if this is possible to implement on the SSH System as that would solve some concerns about a leaked onion address. Could you elaborate a bit more on this functionality?

<SNIP>

I've just used basic authentication.

In the .onion server torrc:

$ sudo nano /etc/tor/torrc
HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/foo
HiddenServiceAuthorizeClient basic [16-chracter-string]
HiddenServicePort 22 127.0.0.1:22

$ sudo cat /var/lib/tor/foo/hostname
[v2-hostname].onion [22-character-string] # client: [16-chracter-string]

The client ID must be 16 alphanumeric characters. Then you use the 22
character string in the client torrc.

In the client:

$ sudo nano /etc/tor/torrc
HidServAuth [v2-hostname].onion [22-character-string]