Re: [tor-talk] comparison of Tor and Kovri in regards to deanonymization attacks

Eugen Leitl:
> I was curious for Monero dev's rationale to pick I2P over Tor, and then even forking I2P as Kovri.

Kovri is just a new implementation of i2p that anonimal is working on
and Monero intends to use, not a fork of the i2p project. It still is
using the existing i2p network.

> Whatever I've seen online doesn't strike me as particularly convincing.

I agree.

> Is there published research in regards to deanonymization attacks against both Tor
> and I2P, and given the design changes of Kovri, should we expect the attacks to be easier, or harder?

I think it's a fact that Tor is more battle tested and thus anti-fragile
than i2p, but I could be wrong. I'm also interested in what the list has
to say.

--
qubenix

CODE PGP: FE7454228594B4DDD034CE73A95D4D197E922B20
EMAIL PGP: 96096E4CA0870F1C5BAF7DD909D159E1241F9C54
IRC OTR: DFD1DA35 D74E775B 3E3DADB1 226282EE FB711765