Re: [tor-talk] Why do you use Tor?

On 2018-12-10 10:05, Nathaniel Suchy wrote:
Hi,

I'm curious to learn the reasons that various people on the lists, for those who are comfortable sharing, why they use Tor. I'm also curious as to whether users on this list only use Tor or if there are times they use a normal browser (if so what tasks).

For my own part, I use tor when I want to access a .onion site, as a "even more private" browser, but also just to access my own sites/services from outside my network.

Sometimes I use it for no particular reason at all, under the theory that more legitimate traffic helps those who are using tor for legitimate (non-malicious) reasons where their safety and security is a factor.