Re: questions of morality

Tools which are used for good can also be used for bad, and you just hope the good uses out weigh the bad ones.

But even if tor were to be mostly for evil deeds (and we really have no way to determine if it is), I still applaud any mechanism that gives the common user a level of privacy that can hopefully compete with authorities.

We've already seen how satellite communications plus the internet have weakened the ability of authoritative regimes to control what information their subjects are able to access, however they do so with risk. Allowing oppressed people to speak and request information freely would have even a greater impact.

Ultimately, I guess it's about balance of power. Anything to help keep the authorities in check.