First draft, Challenges in deploying low-latency anonymity

Hi folks,

In the spirit of documenting our experiences with deploying Tor, we've
been feverishly working on a paper lately, and we have a first draft
available for comment.

Abstract:
  There are many unexpected or unexpectedly difficult obstacles to
  deploying anonymous communications.  Drawing on our experiences
  deploying Tor (the second-generation onion routing network), we
  describe social challenges and technical issues that must be faced
  in building, deploying, and sustaining a scalable, distributed,
  low-latency anonymity network.

http://tor.eff.org/doc/design-paper/challenges.pdf

Please don't publish this past this list yet, as it's simply the first
draft of a paper we have not yet submitted, so we expect it to change
quite a bit before the final version.

Thanks,
--Roger