Re: [declan@well.com: [Politech] Lawsuit challenges law targeting Internet "annoyances" [fs]]

I hope not...but we'll have to wait & see. If a Tor operator does get charged & tried, I hope he/she has the sense to find a lawyer competent enough (in computing technologies) to demonstrate the absurdity of the attempt, i.e. the attempt to equate passive resource sharing for legal purposes with deliberate manipulation of that sharing for illegal purposes.

But being the suspicious type - I do agree that the watchers need to be watched closely. Absolute Power & what-not...

Ashton

circut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

But we all know it will just be a matter of time before the
bill gets 'ammended' to include it. Hopefully this will be
shot down, and the government will leave well enough alone.

-circut