Re: Do these break Tor's anonymity?

Hello again Mr. Proulx,

"Jonathan D. Proulx" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 07:32:37AM -0800, Anothony Georgeo wrote:
:Hello Mr. Proulx,
:
:Yes, I ment Ping as it is ICMP taffic (I reviewed my firewall logs) not TCP/IP, sorry.
:
:If a program is being routed through Tor and sends ping signals does this break the anonymity for that program?

Yes. the remote end will be able to correlate the anonymized TCP
traffic with the non anonymized ICMP traffic. What does this by the
way?

The only way I can think to deal with this is to block outgoing ICMP
(to a given host atleast), but I suspect that would break your
application.

-Jon

I assumed as much <sigh>, the program I'm testing is "Angry-IP-Scanner" to scan my local (home) network.
http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/

I tried blocking egress ICMP but as you thougth it broke my application.

Thank you very much,

Yahoo! Mail