Re: Running Tor on a v-server with limited number of TCP sockets

On 2/21/07, Stephan Walter <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is this a bad thing to do? (Apart from getting lots of warning messages
in the log file?) Of course I don't want to cause any problems on the
Tor network.

From a pragmatic point of view that would also mean that you wouldn't be able to log in from remote if TOR gobbles up all sockets. Gee, what a crippled machine... No idea what influence that has regarding TOR in general, as a network. But certainly you can't harm established circuits, it just prevents new circuits being build up - that affects your local TOR-software, rather than the whole net. I guess.

Regards,
Stephan

Alex.

--
"I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here... We have spent
millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it