anonymous v. normal session

I need advice on anonymous v. normal sessions.

Tor has saved me from packet sniffers and MITM attacks since I started using it. These attacks always and only happened during my banking sessions. I inferred that my net traffic must have been closely monitored by someone (I have a private-detective neighbor whose son works for my ISP, but I can't very well bring a case based on suspicion).

Having enjoyed the protection of Tor, I am now extremely reluctant to get online without it. But sometimes the connections are closed or too slow during my session that I get auto logged out by the server. I have to log in repeatedly, but there are only so many sessions a day allowed, as a security feature. Can someone tell me how best to safeguard my net traffic?