[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: New Tor distribution for testing: Tor Browser Bundle
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: New Tor distribution for testing: Tor Browser Bundle
- From: "Michael Schmidt" <schmidtm524@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:19:54 +0100
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:20:07 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=aqEZDHkdHaKAOAwR2XnQ2z4GeABCqx3h15GBn/G8vOo=; b=oqVPo8U3x7H7g3woCD0g8lSKrxgZ+PHDoTJWP34QhsrBWe1TMjWJKw5TquOCzozNviIJYgI90NhiendJbZXq/++SSLDww74scJY62AzX4amgnfvHI+jcm9qsU23VULx93wCKBBnCT4/amNULuwFskJb9vGbbKPaEpvI+ayMhyj4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=WbCzewapVp6rYk+Y9+SxkV6P8WvB1Df7N6SIXCByzGTJg+7dkRWKm5QdPXHDbhP4msTRAdw4aI/ZWi6OVvS/ClClPPBiqWfKxF9hVyMNffH7Elc4qx99WBuHd7bFPh+zBHR7nAsWIqJehgerlvI/1zJJRBO/kpQuktdXUSgdLe0=
- In-reply-to: <20080130005218.GW30181@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20080130005218.GW30181@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steven, i suggest to make it hardcoded default and a Must, that each user, using this browser, is as well running an tor **exit** node,
tit for tat. like emule partials: upload is a MUST.
That would help a lot to have more tor-exit nodes.
On Jan 30, 2008 1:52 AM, Steven J. Murdoch <tortalk+Steven.Murdoch@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Recently I have been working on creating a distribution of Tor which
includes a pre-configured browser -- the Tor Browser Bundle. It is
intended for being run off an USB flash drive, but will probably also
be helpful to users who want an easy-to-setup packaging of Tor.
More information and download links can be found here:
The bundle contains Firefox, Tor, Vidalia, Polipo and Torbutton. No
installation is needed (just unpack the contents). All the components
are automatically started by one double-click.
The bundle is new, and contains development versions of Tor, Vidalia
and Torbutton, so should be considered a testing release. I do hope it
will be useful, and I'd appreciate comments, suggestions, and bug