Re: another unusual connection

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 10:33:43PM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> New theory: in rare cases, Tor servers (like maximator) lie to directory
> clients about what IP address they appear to have, due to iptables
> confusion or something similar. More specifically, it claims that
> everybody looks like itself. Then Tor servers that don't know their own
> address get suckered into thinking they switched.

Ok. Now that I've had a moment with a real Internet, I've confirmed
this:

  $ telnet 212.112.242.159 80
  Trying 212.112.242.159...
  Connected to 212.112.242.159.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  GET /tor/ HTTP/1.0

  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
  Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 10:28:32 GMT
  Expires: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 11:28:32 GMT

Thanks to a patch submitted by "Andrew S. Lists", this particular issue
will be fixed in the upcoming 0.2.0.19-alpha release.

Thanks,
--Roger