puppetor setup

Hi,

I've just recently found out about the Framework Puppetor
and am trying to get the AccessingPublicWebServerOverTor example
working. However, I seem to have hit a snag.

When I execute the program I get this error:

Feb 12, 2008 10:57:21 PM de.uniba.wiai.lspi.puppetor.impl.ProxyNodeImpl startNode
WARNING: Could not start Tor process! Tor exited with exit value 255! Please go check the config options in /home/skaoth/workspace/TorTest/test-env/1202885841439/proxy/torrc manually!
Feb 12, 2008 10:57:21 PM de.uniba.wiai.lspi.puppetor.impl.NetworkImpl startNodes
WARNING: Starting nodes was not successful in 5 seconds.

The torrc file generated seems simple enough
DataDirectory .
SafeLogging 0
UseEntryGuards 0
Log info stdout
Log info file log
DirAllowPrivateAddresses 1
EnforceDistinctSubnets 0
ClientDNSRejectInternalAddresses 0
AllowInvalidNodes middle,rendezvous,exit,entry,introduction
ControlPort 7000
SocksPort 7001

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening.
I'm running in a VMWare instance and TOR seems to be working.
I'm not currently set set as a relay.

I've also go questions about PuppeTor as far as simulating exit-node policies
and was wondering where/who/list to contact

Appreciate any help

-skaoth-