Re: max number of file descriptors hard coded

On Feb 18, 2008, at 7:40 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:
On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 06:36:13PM +0100, Olaf Selke wrote:
Narf!

debugging the "[warn] Error creating network socket: Too
many open files" messages I just found the max number of
file descriptors apparently being hard coded in or.h to a
value of 15.000. Raising the number using ulimit -n thus
shows no effect.

Thanks, Olaf!  I've added it to the bugtracker as bug 611:

   https://bugs.torproject.org/flyspray/index.php?id=611&do=details

I'll try to get a fix in for the next release.

-- Nick

Hi Olaf,

there's a change in r13626 that hopefully fixes your problem. Maybe you could try and run that version to see if your problem disappears.

Sebastian