Re: .onion sites fail to load with: (waiting for rendezvous desc)

On Feb 17, 2008, at 6:03 PM, nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 12:03:02PM -0800, gogogadgetnecktie@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm seeing this message in terminal running Tor when trying to connect
to any .onion sites:

[notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:80.
Giving up. (waiting for rendezvous desc), followed by a Privoxy 502
error.

FWIW, it looks like Karsten maybe just fixed this issue with a patch
that went into the Subversion repository as r13540.  If anybody who's
been seeing this problem is able to try running svn trunk, it would
be great to see whether this fixes the problem.  Thanks!

Yrs,
--
Nick

Hi,

I just compiled and testet the new version. Using this, I was able to contact core.onion, the v2 descriptor testpage and the example hidden service. On core.onion, I clicked a few random links. Most were not working, but in the logs, the error message is different - I get "[Notice] Closing stream for '[scrubbed].onion': hidden service is unavailable (try again later)." which I guess means that the service is down. Also, I got a few "[Notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:80. Giving up. (waiting for circuit)" and "[Notice] Rend stream is 120 seconds late. Giving up on address '[scrubbed].onion'." in my logs.

I hope this can help you

Best
Sebastian