Re: "Your system clock just jumped" on Debian+VMware ESX

I am seeing the following errors in the Tor log:

[...]
Feb 28 04:54:43.008 [notice] Your system clock just jumped 4398 seconds
backward; assuming established circuits no longer work.
Feb 28 04:54:46.020 [notice] Your system clock just jumped 4399 seconds
forward; assuming established circuits no longer work.
[...]

I was having the same exact problem on Debian which was running on Xen. Removed ntp as the ISP:'s admin recommended, that did not help. Then they moved my virtual machine to another host and everything was fine for a while. As for now the problem is occuring about once a week, two or three error messages.