Re: Tor speed

One more comment. I blocked everything expect 80 and 443 for two reasons - firstly, I had DMCA notifications (torrents) and I have not energy and time to solve this. Second is, that "something else 80/443" overloaded my node for the most of time. I like supporting anonymity and free access to information, but I preffer access to WWW (with the best speed possible) than supporting torrents.

Because I was surprised, how much throughput takes all these torrents and non-WWW data, I tried run torrent over Tor for a while. I was much bigger surprised, how hell fast it is! Is it the next evidence, that Tor have bad QoS on connections?

Main differences between torrent stream and casual WWW is, that torrent stream is built once, request data one and lives for long time. WWW (and also SSH and others interactive stuff) is much more about multiple request/reasons. I think that preferring short-live streams (or generally young streams) in dividing node throughtput will do miracles! I think currently is Tor doing the right oposite...

Marek