Re: [OT] JAP backdoor

slush schrieb:
> By the way, do you have any evidence for that? I read
> http://www.securityfocus.com/news/6779, but I cannot find mentioned things
> in source codes (http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/develop/jap.src.tgz).

I think, you will not find the "backdoor" in jap.src (client only).
Have a look at the mix sources (server). It is written in C++.

Download: http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/develop/mix_V00.05.38.src.tgz

More informations about JAP and Crime Prevention:
http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/strafverfolgung/index_en.html

> Im just wondering how are these warnings against JAP relevant...

Last known use of "Crime Prevention" in JAP was 2006. It is possible
for all mixes of a cascade together, to de-anonymize future
connections through the cascades in case of a court order.

JAP will implement a privacy-friendly law enforcement:

http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/publications/index_en.html#RevocableAnonymity

Thats all, I know about it.

Karsten N.