RE: Geoip information

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:03:02 -0800
> Subject: Re: Geoip information
> From: coderman@xxxxxxxxx
> To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
>
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:02 AM, downie - <downgeoff2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Vidalia has not been showing any geographic data for me for a couple of
> > months now
>
> the service works, you can verify yourself by making a request to
> https://geoip.vidalia-project.net:1443/cgi-bin/geoip
>
> one thing i have seen is that because this is using port 1443 it can
> be hit or miss to find a decent exit for requesting all of the desired
> information. your vidalia log should indicate what is going on in
> more detail.
>
> best regards,

Hmm,
If I set logging to Info, start Tor from Vidalia, and watch the Connection box in the Network Map, I see a connection opened to geoip.vidalia-project.net:1443 , then closed, but no Geographic data comes up on the map or the list of relays - no flags, no routemap
of my connection.
There is also no mention of GeoIP in the log.
Are we talking about different things here? How does all the geographic information
get uploaded into Vidalia?

Thanks,
GD