Re: another reason to keep ExcludeNodes

No, the middle node cannot change data. It can, however, randomly cut out and drop circuits, connections, or drop off the face of the earth entirely. That is probably what was happening to him. The middle node essentially knows nothing (other than who the entry and exit nodes are), so there would be no benefit to doing so either.

 - John Brooks

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Mitar <mmitar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:32 PM, Scott Bennett <bennett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     In the particular case I was describing, the node that was consistently
> appearing in the circuits that cut off files happened not to be an exit in
> any of the failure cases.  IIRC, it was nearly always in a middleman position,
> though I think there was a day when it was an entry guard.

Middle node can change payload without next node noticing that? There
is not checksuming/signing in the process?

Mitar