IP WHOIS Reassignment (was: Re: "cease and desist" from my vps provider...)

Hi,

On 04.02.2011 16:38, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
>> If you got your own IP space with own ripe contact, all the abuse mails
>> will go to you, so it does not cause trouble to them at all. Maybe this
>> is what is meant with "you are responsible".
> Mmmmm.... sorry but ¿do you know exactly what you´re talking about?
> To get your own IP space isn't a trivial process, nor cheap. Use the
> next link as a starting point to know something about:
> http://ripe.net/membership/new-members/index.html
> You shouldn't confuss the people. Get your own IP space it's only
> possible for enterprises and even if you´re an enterprise you need a
> complex network engineering behind you.

You can get the PA subnet reallocated to you as a customer of a LIR
without additional cost.

Examples:
ARIN: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-74-120-15-144-1/pft
RIPE: http://www.db.ripe.net/whois?searchtext=79.140.39.227

For ARIN, you have to convince your ISP to submit a reallocation
request. The process can be eased as follows: Go to arin.net, create
your own POC records and ORG ID. I have attached a template I used to
get an IP range reassigned to my OrgID TORSE and attach handle
TAD54-ARIN for abuse and TORSE-ARIN for tech.

All the ISP has to do is fill out points 20 to 23 with info about the
subnet, copy and paste the text-based template into the body of an
e-mail and send to hostmaster@xxxxxxxx with the subject line "REASSIGN
DETAILED".
The original form including more comments is at
https://www.arin.net/resources/templates/reassign-detailed.txt

I am not sure how it works for RIPE, but as you can see from the example
above, it can be done.

--
Moritz Bartl
http://www.torservers.net/

01. Downstream Org ID: TORSE
** IF DOWNSTREAM ORG ID IS PROVIDED SKIP TO LINE 20.

02. Org Name:
03. Org Address:
03. Org Address:
04. Org City:
05. Org State/Province:
06. Org Postal Code:
07. Org Country Code:
08. Org POC Handle:
** IF POC HANDLE IS PROVIDED SKIP TO LINE 20.

09. Org POC Contact Type (P or R):
10. Org POC Last Name or Role Account:
11. Org POC First Name:
12. Org POC Company Name:
13. Org POC Address:
13. Org POC Address:
14. Org POC City:
15. Org POC State/Province:
16. Org POC Postal Code:
17. Org POC Country Code:
18. Org POC Office Phone Number:
19. Org POC E-mail Address:

** NETWORK SECTION
20. IP Address and Prefix or Range:
21. Network Name:
22. Origin AS:
23. Hostname of DNS Reverse Mapping Nameserver:
23. Hostname of DNS Reverse Mapping Nameserver:

** OPTIONAL RESOURCE CONTACT SECTION
24. Net POC Type (T, AB, or N): AB

25. Net POC Handle: TAD54-ARIN

24. Net POC Type (T, AB, or N): T, N

25. Net POC Handle: TORSE-ARIN

** IF POC HANDLE IS PROVIDED SKIP TO LINE 37.

26. Net POC Contact Type (P or R):
27. Net POC Last Name or Role Account:
28. Net POC First Name:
29. Net POC Company Name:
30. Net POC Address:
30. Net POC Address:
31. Net POC City:
32. Net POC State/Province:
33. Net POC Postal Code:
34. Net POC Country Code:
35. Net POC Office Phone Number:
36. Net POC E-mail Address:

** OTHER OPTIONAL FIELDS
37. Public Comments: This network is used for research in
37. Public Comments: anonymization and censorship circumvention
37. Public Comments: and provides Tor exit nodes to end users.
37. Public Comments:
37. Public Comments: http://www.torservers.net/abuse.html
37. Public Comments: Direct abuse issues to abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
38. Additional Information: