Re: Problem with downloading attachments in torbrowser for osx

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 05:08:17AM +0000, M wrote:
> I thought i would bring this to the attention of those concerned in case
> they already did not know. I am still unable to download any attachments,
> whether yahoo or gmail, when running tor. The message which appears is
>
>  "[_javascript_ Application]
>
> Torbutton blocked direct Tor load of plugin content.
>
> Use Save-As instead.

Have you tried using Save-As instead?

'Save as' does not work with attachments...

> This is a real pain and i was hoping it would be fixed with the update, but
> alas....

I believe the trouble is that Firefox doesn't make it easy for extensions
to tell if the website is trying to get you to run an external application
vs just trying to give you a file to download.

I forgot to mention that when i try to download attachments with an .odt or docx extension.. it works fine...every time. hmm.... However, .doc, and .rar and other common extensions (as far as the ones i have tried) don't work.

But I'll turn the question around on you: which trac entry on
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/report/14

Cant access # 14. link shows the same error message :(

did you report your issue on? If it's not on the bugtracker it's nowhere.

ok.. didnt know.