[tor-talk] Re: How to use Tor Browser without TBB Bundle?

> On 6 February 2012 20:04,  <proper@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I am using a transparent proxy (all connections are forced through Tor).
>>
>> The Tor Browser isn't just Firefox, it contains many security related
>> patches, settings and addons. Therefore I can't just go ahead and install
>> the addons myself into normal Firefox. [1]
>>
>> There is even a patch to prevent Tor Browser to be started, when not
>> started from TBB Bundle (not started from Vidalia). [2] The build
>> instructions how to build Tor Browser are incomplete. [3]
>>
>> How can I use Tor Browser without Tor and Vidalia?
>>
>> [1] https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/#firefox-patches
>> [2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/4192
>> [3] https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/#Packaging
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg03291.html
>
> I imagine that OS X and Windows bundles can be modified in a similar manner.

Thanks for the link C, I did what it suggested vis modifying the
start-tor-browser script, but it ends up just launching another window
of Firefox and not Aurora...

I'd love to be able to start the Tor Browser without Vidalia, since I
already run a copy as a relay, and I don't want it to shut down every
time I close the Tor Browser as well.