Re: [tor-talk] Tor bridge with no traffic

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 03:43:40 +0000, Christian Kujau wrote:
> But, isn't this a problem? Porxying through tor is slow enough and when I
> was running an exit node, there was lots of traffic there.

Of course. Exit nodes are scarce, and 'normal' relays (at least mine)
did pick up quite some traffic after a few days.

> When bridges
> are not "announced", no one will use them - sounds like a real bottleneck.

They are announced, just not all to the general public. You have to tell
your tor client to use bridges; normally it directly talks to (public) relays.

I think it's a relatively small fraction that is actually using bridges;
if yours ended up in the pool for manual/social distribution it may
take some time until anybody comes around.

> Is there some other way to announce the bridge?

I don't think it is a good idea to twitter the address. :-)

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>