[tor-talk] TorBirdy 0.1.0 released - Our first beta release!

Hi!

TorBirdy 0.1.0 is now out; we think it is the the best release so far
and we encourage you to upgrade.

We welcome you to read more about this release and to comment on the
release on the Tor blog:

  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/torbirdy-our-first-beta-release

This release is the first in our beta series.

It's still experimental - of course. Use at your own risk and especially
if you're using it with Enigmail and GnuPG without a local[0]
HTTP proxy.

We've continued with updating the web page to show some TorBirdy screen
shots:

 https://github.com/ioerror/torbirdy/wiki/Screen-shots

Call for help:

We're looking for assistance with Translations - if you'd like to
translate TorBirdy, we'd gladly accept a patch that prepares TorBirdy
for translation work. We now have an amazing number of translations!
Even if you can't help translate, we'd love to know what languages
matter to you or your friends - please let us know?

We're especially looking for translations of TorBirdy into
Persian and Japanese - if you'd like to help us translate,
please contact us!

Release Highlights:

0.1.0, 11 Feb 2013
  Our first release in the Beta release series! Hooray!
  Translation updates:
    Add Gujarati translation (Kartik Mistry)
    Add Dutch translation (thanks to Rejo Zenger)
    Add Serbian translation (thanks to Nikola Nenadic)
    Add Hungarian translation (thanks to vargaviktor)
    Add Italian translation (thanks to spawned76, Michele Orrà and jan)
    Add Basque translation (thanks to Antxon Baldarra)
    Add Latvian translation (thanks to OjÄrs Balcers)
    Add Portuguese (BR) translation (thanks to Bruno Geronimo, Rafael Costa)
    Add Polish translation (thanks to bogdrozd)
    Add Greek translation (thanks to mitzie, konpas1986)
    Add Chinese (Simplied) translation (thanks to ln191810)
    Add Russian translation (thanks to ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐÐÑ)
    Add Arabic translation (thanks to alshara3, Fadi Mansour)
    Update French translation (thanks for arpalord)
    Update Spanish translation (thanks to Juan Garofalo, strel)
  Added Transparent Torification mode for TorBirdy
  Disable all plugins
  Added opt-out from setting time zone to UTC
  Add Tor-JonDo-Preferences quick switch (patch by Karsten N)
  Support for Whonix (http://whonix.sourceforge.net/)
  Improved security: better SSL enforcement
  Add Tails support

General content anonymity caution note:

TorBirdy has known leaks in the Message-ID and in the Date header, we're
working on merging an upstream patch that will allow these leaks to be
closed. There are no known proxy leaks unless you use additional
extensions that do not respect the proxy settings of Thunderbird. If you
use GnuPG and Enigmail, we encourage you to use it with a local HTTP
proxy due to the issues mentioned[0] regarding GnuPG.

Here's the wiki page for TorBirdy:

  https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/torbirdy

Here's the latest XPI for TorBirdy:

  https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbirdy/torbirdy-0.1.0.xpi
Here is a proper GPG signature for the latest XPI:

  https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbirdy/torbirdy-0.1.0.xpi.asc

Here is the sha1sum of torbirdy-0.1.0.xpi:

  f61015166205e2cf7f30b525d0c13958213734d9

We no longer offer files for download on github as they have decided to
remove the feature:

  https://github.com/blog/1302-goodbye-uploads

The GnuPG signature that signed this email is also the same key that
signs the TorBirdy releases. To learn more about signature verification
of Tor Project related software such as TorBirdy please visit this page:

  https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures.html

The plugin on AMO has been preliminarily reviewed and we are still in
the review process. It is again possible (Hooray!) to install TorBirdy
directly from Thunderbird or by downloading the extension in a web
browser from Mozilla's website:

  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/torbirdy/

We believe that users who installed previous versions from Mozilla's
addons site should receive this update automatically. It may take some
time before Mozilla approves this update but it should eventually show
up as an available update.

We now upload a full XPI and GnuPG signature for every new release to
the Tor Project's web servers:

  https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbirdy/

All the best,
Jacob