Re: [tor-talk] Problem about Tor website

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:21:18 -0500
Andrew Lewman <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 19:03:17 +0900
> Nam Su <namfree123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I know Tor http website redirects Https version website but http site
> > couldn't open or slowly than Tor connection.
> >
> > Is it government's sensor?
>
> http://torproject.org redirects to https://www.torproject.org
> automatically on our webservers. If you cannot get to torproject.org,
> likely someone is censoring you.

The question may also have been: Why does Tor Project not offer unencrypted duplicate content over HTTP, for those users not allowed to connect to port 443 or setup SSL connections?

For example a user might want to download the TorBrowserBundle which would enable them to circumvent the censorship from that point onwards.