Re: [tor-talk] German Laywer Sasse & Partner call to order / German Abmahnung

If you blocked the relevant ports in iptables, this legal threat is
_probably_ not related to your running of a Tor exit node but a mere
coincident.
Sasse und Partner are using a company called Guardeley Ltd to trawl BT
traffic and send out scores of extortion letters. The technical accuracy
of Guardeley Ltd's methods have been questioned repeatedly by German
courts.
There are advisories pertaining to Sasse und Partner available from
several Verbraucherzentralen (Consumer Protection Association) as well as
countless legal firms. Just fire up your preferred search engine.

IANAL but would suggest not bringing your Tor exit note into this matter
voluntarily. There are plenty of solicitors available with experience
dealing with Sasse und Partner, if yours isn't you might want to look
around. Most offer a free initial consultation so you cannot really loose
anything but a few minutes of your time

Regards and Viel GlÃck

nid