Re: [tor-talk] Obfsproxy on Raspberry Pi

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 04:23:51PM +0200, Kostas Jakeliunas wrote:
> > > I want to set an obfuscated bridge on my Raspberry Pi.
> > >
> > > When I do sudo apt-get source obfsproxy apt notices me it needs
> > > python-pyptlib which cannot be found.
> > >
> > > How can I install python-pyptlib on Raspbian?
> > >
> > `apt-cache search pyptlib` finds one 'python-pyptlib' for me - this is my
> > /etc/apt/sources.list (don't forget to `sudo apt-get update` after
> altering
> > it):
> >
> > deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib
> > non-free rpi
> > deb http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org wheezy main
> > deb-src http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org wheezy main
>
> Danger!
>
> See https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian#ubuntu which says
>
> "Raspbian is not Debian. These packages will be confusingly broken for
> Raspbian users, since Raspbian called their architecture armhf but Debian
> already has an armhf. See this post for details."
>

> http://tor.stackexchange.com/questions/242/how-to-run-tor-on-raspbian-on-the-raspberry-pi

Sure thing, but obfsproxy will work just fine (incl. via `apt-get
install`.) As for installing tor itself, you're right, I forgot to mention
this. One can use `apt-get source` and then compile it themselves[1], which
is more cumbersome than just `apt-get install`; trying to install a binary
version of tor from the repos will indeed not work due to arch mismatch,
due to Raspbian not being very clever with naming things.

[1]:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2013-August/002500.html
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2013-August/002502.html