Re: [tor-talk] Using HTTPS Everywhere to redirect to .onion

Hey.

Am 27.02.2014 00:27, schrieb fortasse:
My question is does this have more potential than being a weird
(rather effective) hack? Could we make an "onion Everywhere" as it
were to help solve the difficult-to-remember onion names? Or is this
just another layer of confusion that further increases the barrier of
entry on successful Tor use?

That seems like a dangerous idea. Anyone could easily set up a transparent proxy behind a .onion domain. If I can convince your project to include that .onion (which sounds easy given that most site owners will not know about it) I now have active MITM capability against anyone using that extension. You would have to make it very clear that it is a censorship-resistance tool, not a privacy tool.

felix