Re: [tor-talk] git: application level leaks and best practices?

>> - Is the timezone included in commit timestamps?
> Yes.

You can override this behaviour, but it's not particularly convenient to do:

git commit --date=2015-02-25T01:00:00+0000 -m "fixed it"

You could probably create an alias within git to save typing, though you'd
still have to get used to using your new alias. As far as I know, there
isn't a global option to force this behaviour (there is one to force git
log to use UTC, but that's not much help here)

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:24 AM, meejah <meejah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nusenu <nusenu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Has someone done an analysis of git over Tor already?
>
> Not that I'm aware, but that'd be cool.
>
> > - Is the timezone included in commit timestamps?
>
> Yes.
>
> > - What other (metadata) is potentially leaked?
>
> Beware that there are both committer and author email addresses in
> commit objects (but typically porcelain commands only show you one of
> them).
>
> --
> meejah
> --